"Retirement Planning Today" An Educational Community Workshop
At LS Wealth Strategies, we believe that an educated investor is an empowered investor. Much of our time has been spent educating our clients on many of the different aspects of retirement. We then decided to take our approach one step further. A number of years ago, we began teaching a class in retirement to the public. To do so effectively, we affiliated ourselves with the Financial Educators Network. The Financial Educators Network offers this course through hundreds of colleges, universities, and government facilities throughout the country. The class, “Retirement Planning Today”, can be of value whether you are just beginning to develop a retirement plan or are rapidly approaching retirement. The course has been previously held at North Central Texas College in Flower Mound as well as Collin College at the Preston Ridge Campus and the University of Dallas Frisco Learning Center. It can be especially beneficial to those ages 50 to 70.
“Retirement Planning Today” covers many areas that are concerns for those approaching, or are in retirement. The course is 6 hours (split between 2 class dates) and addresses over 58 topics, which include:
Life Planning for Retirement
- Traditional views of retirement versus today’s New Retirement
- Planning for a 30 year retirement
Retirement Needs & Expenses
- How long must your money last?
- How much will you need to retire?
Retirement Roadblocks and Mistakes
- Ten retirement planning mistakes
Retirement Income Sources
- IRA’s, 401(k)’s, Pensions, Social Security, other retirement income sources
Retirement Plan Distributions
- Retiring or changing jobs?
- Three important considerations
- Considerations before you invest
- Investment Risk Management Strategies
Risk Management & Asset Protection
- Disability income, Health Insurance and Medicare, Long Term Care
- Planning for incapacity
- A will may not be enough
January 24, 2018
6:00p - 9:00p
Classes are typically scheduled in the spring, fall and winter. (The date to the left is currently a tentative date for winter classes.) If you are interested in being contacted once the next class is scheduled, please click on "Register" to the left.